3.1.11

Who wears the crown ?


One thing that I learned in 2010 which I consider a treasure is to take time to look back your busy life journey, plot it down, check and continue the journey again.

The title for this post is taken from one of the workshops in National Conference, meaning who is the ruler of your life? are you your own master or do you allow God to lead you?

here is a note from the hand-out of the workshop, I am using it to do my own reflection on year 2010 as I getting myself ready to venture into 2011.

1. Define the relationship
(a) Does God has the right to decide the course of my life?
(b) It's not just about being morally good in character, it's about directions, major decisions, crossroads in our life.
(c) Romans 12:1 - Offering our bodies as a living sacrifice
(d) What does it menas to 'follow me'? a disciple's mindset?

2. Join the dots
(a) How did you get here? eg: I am now at the road of being a biomedical student in UKM KL, so how did I become who I am today?
(b) It is God who odered your path
(c) Never a coincidence, always a design
(d) Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

3. Know what's ahead.
(a) What's ahead for you? carreer, life partner, family, raising children?
(b) serving God
(c) Location for settling down- where will you make an impact?
(d) leisure
(e) wealth; health

4. Knowing God's will
(a) God's sovereign will
(b) God's purposive will
(c) God's moral will
(d) God's specific will for individual

Conclusion: God leaves it to us to decide but is concerned with how we decide- decision making and the will of God.

At the end of my 2010, I was being challenged to redefine God in my life, am I my own master? am I seeking God for direction merely in major issues or will I surrender and allow God to take charge of my life, even the smallest issues?

If I were to give a name for my year of 2010, I will name it a year of challenge and year of many wrestles. My hope in 2011 is to be able to wait upon my Lord with humble heart and to be renewed in my faith, and to be able to soar on eagle's wing.

So, who is the one wearing the crown in your life?


Wish all of you a great 2011 and to soar like an eagle in everything you do!

I will instruct you and teach you in way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Pslam 32:8

1 comment: