21.11.08

i put myself in her shoes


this news seems to be drawing many people's attention. even my brother talked about it when i reach home today. therefore, i post an entry here, to contribute my point of view. fisrtly, i would like to properly state dat it will be just my plain stand without supporting any party related to this news. this post is not bout condemnation, confrontation or argument, i wud just wanna see the whole thing by placing myself in the victim's shoes.

for your information, this case of bullying happened in one of the junior college in singapore , and according to the students who participated in this ragging declare that it is all merely for the fun of celebrating that poor girl's birthday... i imagine myself being ragged in front of public..i don't have to imagine actally, i had been through that stage, it is a norm to be ragged as a junior in a university according to races..it is a traditional, the reason to sustain this traditional is so that junior will get to know seniors. those who didn't submit to ragging would be an outcast of their own racist group...but do we really need to bully a person so to promote friendship or to build up the relationship??? !

did Jesus bully his disciples? He didn't, He built up the relationship by offering them unconditional love, He accepted the disciples as who they are even though the disciples sometime let Him down. to cherish our friendship, do we really need to do something so ridiculous or so humiliating to prove the genuineness of the friendship? i doubt it..

if i were that girl, i can never imagine how the psychology trauma can be healed. i would cry myself to bed every night...i dun think i can bear it.

anyway, i thank God for giving me wonderful friends who support me, encourage me and cheering me on in this journey of life... i am so blessed :)

something i wud like to add on here is sometime we tend to hurt friends through our act or word without realising it, it is ok to apologise, to redeem the friendship, after all we are not perfect..this is what i have been learning..:P

to read more of this in one of my friends blog: janene

till then, i m going to make myself available for my mum :)

1 comment: